- Pick out a leaf pattern - easily done by going outside and finding one you think is neat or by searching online
- Find a piece of scrap leather that will fit the leaf or design on it and trace the pattern on the rough side of the leather
- Cut out with an utility knife or other sharp blade (I actually use a box-cutter)
- Soak in water for a few minutes or spray the top side with water
- Take a moment to decide what leaf veins you want to tool on and do them - you use a simple pointed but dull and I can't remember it's name tool
- Shape around a cup and let it dry for 24-48 hours
- Hole punch one hole on each side (you only want 2 here) and decide how it will fit in your hair
- I use acrylic or leather paints and paint all sorts of colors, natural and other - let dry
- Put a protective or finishing coat on it.
- Find a stick or paint brush to go through the holes and wear happily!
Sunday, December 1, 2013
Leaf Hair Slides Tutorial
So - Here is my very first How To -How to make Leather Leaf Hair Slides