Saturday, September 21, 2013

September Craft Day - AKA Actually working!

So, my dearest crafter from Hickory Lane Creations inspired me to get off my arse and get to work! 

Today we met and did a few hours of get together.  I made country loaf bread, some delicious chocolate-chocolate cookies and then worked with pony beads with my little one for a bit. Once the crowd left I lazed on facebook until finally the shame forced me to get to work.

I was able to size down the helmet base, repunch the holes and then I traced, cut out, and smoothed the faceplate/mask for the helmet.  In the process I also decided to use the scrap leather to make a mask for the little one.  There may also be a crown coming too!

To the right is the pile of today's accomplishments - a kiddo mask, a helmet mask/faceplate, 1/2 of the cookies I made, what's left of the loaf of bread, the resized helmet base and what will be the edges...and a messy kitchen.

Tomorrow I will be working on tooling the face and edges, resewing the base, and hopefully reaching out to determine the color patterns for the helmet.  I would love to have this done by Friday...it needs to get out of my house! :)

Below is the kiddo trying on the mask. I can't wait to see what we decide to do with tooling, color, and accessories. Ignore the messy house behind her cuteness :)



No comments:

Post a Comment